Monday, July 31, 2006

 

Get out of your comfort zone!!!!!!

In the book of Matthew there is a story about Jesus and His disciples. I am not very sure which chapter and stuff but it is about the disciples who were on the boat and there was a super heavy storm..And Jesus was walking on the water to the boat and told His disciples not to be afraid it was only Him.And Peter said "Jesus if it is really You, tell me to come to You." and Jesus replied with one word. "Come".

Anyone familiar with that story?I tried to put it in the best way I could. On Friday, I had my youth service and my pastor spoke about this story. And what he said I think is so true!!! And I am going to share it with you.

Dave(my pastor) said that the boat is like our comfort zone in that sense. If we get out of the boat our fear will attack us.In that sense.Lets just say the fear is rejection.We are so scared of being rejected that we just stay in that boat and we don't do anything.We just sit in there.

And all God wants us to do is get out of that boat!!! Get out of our comfort zone!! We may be scared about what might happen and what obstacles and challenges we have to face, but you see, that is exactly what Peter did.He doubted Jesus and he started to sink when he was walking on the water towards Jesus. God will be with us through everything!! All He wants is for us to 'COME'!

This is what I think.

See, so many of us are just sitting in our boats.Not doing anything.Not bothering to do anything for God.Just sitting in that boat of ours and rotting!!! After what God has done for us, the least we could do is live for Him.Get up and do something for Him!

Lets start with the small things. Do our devotions everyday.I know it is hard. To be honest, I don't do it everyday either.It is really hard.But just to do our devotions isn't really a hard thing!Next thing we could do...Bring our notebooks and bibles to church. How many of us do that?!! And yes I have to admit, I dont always do it too.And I hate myself so much for doing it now.Especially yesterday.We had Sy Rogers speak and I DIDN'T BRING MY NOTEBOOK! Why?? Because I brought my water bottle,wallet,phone and a whole load of other things.It is so not right!What is mroe important?

And all the other stuff like praising and worshipping God during praise and worship. Instead of just standing there like a piece of wood...move around! Lift up our hands.SING! There are times when we just don't feel like it..But you know what..I seriously think those are the best times to praise God!Or just praying.In our own time. Thanking God.Looking to Him.Surrendering to Him.Giving our all to Him and not to anything else.Putting Him first! Not our computer games or stuff like that.. You get what I mean?

How can we call ourselves a christian when we don't do all these things?Not saying we don't.You know what I mean.Matthew 7 verse 21 says :
Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord,Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Yeah...so I want to challenge you today..and myself. Why don't we try and get out of our stinky old boat and go to God.Do what He wants us to do.Get our relationship right with Him. It is up to you.....You can keep falling behind in your walk with God, you can just stay where you are or you can get up and say " God I have been in the same place for too long.I am going to get my life right with You!"And keep growing in your walk with Him.


kels

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home