Wednesday, April 04, 2007

 

Easter...

What is the first thing that comes to your head when you think about Easter?
You know...You never really think about what Easter really means to you until you are asked to share about it. Or someone asks you what it means to you. I suppose you know the usual, for example, how Jesus died on the cross to forgive us, to save us and all that stuff. But what does it really mean to you?

Well I was asked to speak at life group/ cell group today. And the topic was 'What does the cross mean to me'. When Lauren (my leader) asked me, I was like..right..I don't know. And boy..did it take a lot of asking and help and thought in the shower before I got a bit of it. Most of it came while I was in the shower. You know how some people have a certain place where they just get these things..Like words from God or something. Mine is in the shower. And my parents..(mostly mum) would read this and say 'yeah..she takes ages in there!' And I got a little bit of stuff there. And help from friends..Danielle Ng. Josh Wilson. Robyn Marcus. Seth. Mum. Nic. And whoever else that I didn't mention.

And at life group, we talked about what the cross means to a few of us. The leaders and a few of the members. Then we were asked to write some stuff down. What we think about Easter and the cross now. And the thoughts we have on our heart.

Here is a bit of what some of the people spoke about,what I spoke about and a bit of the thoughts that I wrote down.

The cross is like stairs. We go on it and it takes us to our destination, Heaven. It only goes up, not down. It takes us to new levels all the time. New things. New stages. Like Jesus went through all that pain and suffering, we would too. It's hard work. We would face obstacles and struggles. We would be laughed at and mocked. We would feel like we can't go on anymore and like there are walls and chains holding us back from taking our next step and going to our next level.
But like God sent His only son to die on the cross for us, to show us how much He loves us, He would make a way. He would strengthen us and refresh. He will break those walls and chains.
The cross to me is like a platform that connects me to someone higher, God.

Can you believe it? God did all that for us. He sent His only son. ONLY. To be crucified! To be mocked at and laughed at. To go through all that pain and suffering. Just for us. Jesus didn't have to do it. But He did anyway. He did it 'cause He loved us. He thought we were worthy. He did it so that we can be forgiven and saved and have eternal life. He wanted to be our platform.

You know how God was looking down at Jesus and He couldn't take seeing someone He loved so dearly be crucified and put through all that pain and He looked away for a second. And Jesus said 'why did you forsake me Lord?'
I just can't imagine watching someone I love go through that. Have nails about six inches long be hammered through their hands and feet. That just shows how much we mean to God and Jesus and how much they love us.

That's about it. I'll end this post with a song that I heard recently. More like the lyrics of the song. The song is Jesus, You're beautiful by Cece Winans.

Jesus, bright as the morning star.
Jesus, how can I tell You how beautiful You are to me.
Jesus, song that the angels sing.
Jesus, dearer to my heart,than anything.

Sweeter than spring time.
Purer than sunshine.
Ever my soul will be.
Jesus, You're beautiful to me.

Oh, beautiful.
So, beautiful.
So, beautiful.
Jesus, You're beautiful to me.

Wonderful. Wonderful.
Heavenly. Heavenly.
Beautiful. Beautiful.
Jesus, You're beautiful to me.

Morning star. Morning star.
Lord You are. Lord You are.
Beautiful. Beautiful.
Jesus, You're beautiful to me.

Sweeter than spring time.
Purer than sunshine.
Ever my soul will be.
Jesus, You're beautiful to me.

Kels



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home